Sunday, June 16, 2013

Bad Guy or Helpful Guy?

My tarot cards had the erupting Tower in the center.  I knew something would happen and that I needed to be cautious.  A few miles from my home I waited for a red light next to a handsome young man in a car parallel to mine.  He smiled, I checked my phone.  Then he looked concerned and pointed to the back of my car.  I rolled my window down just a bit.

"Your tire is flat."  Odd, I thought.  I just got new tires and had a warranty so I hoped I could make it a few miles to work.  The man's young daughter ran around his front seat and wasn't strapped in.  He noticed my lack of response. 

"You are riding on the rim.  You need to pull over!" he said, seemingly concerned. 

My intuitive voice said "turn and get away".  I turned into a residential area and stopped when I saw two dogs that would be sure to bark, but he had not followed me.  I walked around the car to see....no flat tire.

I believe this was a bad guy who wanted to steal my purse, jewelry and phone.  Had I rolled my window down all the way it wouldn't have taken but a second to grab my purse on the seat.  Had I pulled over to look at the tire, I would have been even more vulnerable.  I notified the local police and wished I had noted his license, but at that point I was too confused by conflicting information. 

People are generally good, but bad guys abound.  Keep your antennae up.  Stay intuitive.  Trust your instincts.  Trusting mine saved me both money and heartache.  

No comments:

Post a Comment