Wednesday, May 22, 2019

I Don't Believe in That Stuff


Way too often, people tell me they don’t believe in what I do. I’m never sure what part they mean. Is it they don’t believe I help solve murder cases, and if so, who’s lying about that, me or the police? Or do they mean they don’t believe in intuition? Or they don’t believe in anything paranormal?

When my piano students get to high school, they usually ask questions about me and what I do besides teach. This week when I told one young woman about my psychic work, she said she doesn’t believe. Puzzled, I later asked a devout Roman Catholic mother if people tell her they don’t believe in her religion. Not often, she said, but more so in the past. She agreed with me that with varied belief systems, respect is the key.

I never know if my psychic ability is classified as a belief. It’s just with me and has always been a part of me. My acceptance of this uncanny ability is complete.

We can’t and shouldn’t undo ways in which we help each other. Life is connection, sometimes unpleasant, but most of the time, lovely. Let’s just accept each other and be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment