Thursday, May 24, 2018

Do You Believe in Heaven?


My piano student asked me, “Do you believe in Heaven?”

He’s eleven, so I had to think about my answer. Anything I say can go back to his mother, who’s much more conservative than either of us.

“I’m not sure,” I said.

“You talk to dead people. Ask them,” he told me.

I noticed this was some new kind of thinking for me. Why couldn’t I?

“They talk to ME, I don’t talk to them,” I told him.

Luke went back to piano and I mulled over the conversation. When I do readings and work on murder cases, I do get messages from dead people. The problem is, I don’t really ask, I just concentrate, hope, and wait.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could ask questions directly from people who have passed? I’d ask my grandparents more about their parents, what they loved, how they moved, what were their skills. I’d ask my mother about her biggest struggles and satisfactions. I’d ask my dad for his jigger nut recipe for sundaes.

Heaven’s a nice place to picture, but I’m not the expert. We all decide for ourselves. If you do die before me and you feel like it, please talk to me from heaven or wherever you end up, and let me know how it goes. As the song by David and Bacharach goes, I’ll be wishin’ and hopin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment