Sunday, July 10, 2016

Yoga Calms My Soul

Intuitive vibes come from yoga, which frees and opens my mind. In the 1950s my sister, brother, and I were taught to do yoga poses by my grandfather, Homer. After he explained the proper way to do them, he called out poses and commended our skill. It took me fifty years to realize that not everyone did yoga as a child back then.

In the late 1920s, Homer jumped trains to get a free ride. One day he missed, and the train ran over his legs. After his amputations below his knees, he wore heavy wooden prostheses

Fast forward to my new yoga instructor.
“How long have you done yoga?” she asked.
“My whole life,” I said.  
Her puzzled face made me wonder how my grandfather knew yoga. After some research, I found out that during WWI in Europe, wounded American men were taught yoga to improve strength and focus. Homer probably learned it at the local Veteran’s Hospital after he lost his legs.
Being psychic makes me anxious and yoga helps. I do yoga stretches before I get out of bed, and later, when perils appear, I calm myself with the lotus position.

Thanks Papa. Long dead, you will be remembered for the healing power of yoga.
As Dad used to say, “It’s good for what ails you.”

4 comments:

  1. Really a truth and useful story for the yoga benefits. Thank you very much for these sharing. Pancharatna gems Coimbatore | Kalpana Srikaanth

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of our unique yoga mats has designed with all yoga poses that will guide you different postures of yoga without trainer. unique yoga mats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga is great for weight loss and pain relief too. Yoga Benefits

    ReplyDelete