Saturday, May 30, 2009

One Life, Two Lives

“I have never told anyone this, and it sounds so odd, but you will have two lives,” I told the plush blonde who looked to be about my age. That was her second reading in two years.

I forget my clients as soon as they leave my presence. It seems the information goes through me like a radio. I am merely a transmitter.

In her third reading the third year, her eagerness to tell me what happened made her body bounce.

“At first I thought, because my husband died, that I would have another husband, and that would mean another type of life. But in January I had a massive heart attack. I was dead for eight minutes.

The doctor told my sister and daughter, who sat at my hospital bed, that I would have brain damage. As I came to, my first words were, ‘She told me I would have two lives.’

The first thing I saw was your face,” she said, then laughed at her family’s reaction to her initial words.

My oddity astounds me. This tale told by a beautiful woman makes me want to continue with my readings, despite my initial hesitations.

We are all good at something.

2 comments:

  1. That is such an amazing story. I did my own reading a couple of days ago and I didn't get dizzy for the very first time! The final card was an upside down emperor, and upside down cards often confuse me, so I still don't quite know what I am supposed to do.

    It is nice to have a place to come to (thanks to Butternut Squash!) for a bit of enlightenment. You are obviously good at what you do and I am grateful for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great story Jan, and you tell it so well. I like how you explain your experience as being a kind of radio transmitter.

    By the way, that pain in my neck that you described has arrived. I need to get the left and the right of me back into balanace. Peace.

    ReplyDelete